There may be a temptation to hire one of the big National Disability Groups based on advertising, even though they are usually in a distant state.
This is especially true after the recent “Binder & Binder” bankruptcy.
I am strongly of the opinion that hiring a local attorney for your Social Security Disability case is always better and this is why.
A Local Attorney:
- Meets with you face to face;
- Is actually an Attorney, many National Disability firms use mostly paralegals or “advocates;”
- Knows the local Administrative Law Judges who will decide your case;
- Is familiar with the personnel at your local Social Security office and the quirks of getting things done there;
- Is familiar with your doctors and their medical staff – from whom cooperation is crucial to your case; and
- Is NOT really working for your Long Term Disability Carrier, but is really working for you.
Posted by Sheri Abrams, Attorney at Law, www.sheriabrams.com